Town Hall, Ramsey, Isle of Man, IM8 1RT - Tel: + 44 (0)1624 810100
The Mooragh Park is one of the islands most beautiful public parks. It was developed by Ramsey Town Commisisoners over the period 1885 to 1887. The development included the reclamation of large areas of salt marsh, the stone bridge across the old river and the installation of sluice gates to feed the lake. The North Promenade was constructed, paths through the park area laid down and building plots to the Mooragh Promenade laid out.
The North Promenade and Park were officially opened by His Excellency The Lieutenant Governor Sir Spencer Walpole KCB on the 11th August 1887.
Copyright 2008. Site developed by Antelle
Disclaimer - Ramsey Town Commissioners make every effort to ensure that information contained
in these pages is accurate. However, no liability is accepted arising from reliance
upon the information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via this site.